Last Updated: 16 August 2021
1. Policy coverage
In order to use our Site, you authorise Near to transfer your personal information across national borders and to other countries where Near and its partners operate, including the United States. The privacy protections and rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. We will only transfer your personal information to these countries, where permitted to do so by law and we will take steps intended to ensure that your personal information continues to receive appropriate protections.
2. Information collected through the Site
(A) Near Site
When you visit our Site or contact us to know more information about our products and services, Near collects information that identifies you or which is associated with your device or browser.
(B) Near Emails
We may send marketing emails to you. Emails received from Near may include a technology (called a web beacon (elaborated below)) that informs Near whether you received or opened the email or clicked a link in the email. If you would like to discontinue receiving marketing email from us, you may update your email preferences by using the “unsubscribe” link found in emails or by contacting us at email@example.com. If you are in European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), Switzerland or California you can also exercise the rights described in the section below under Individual users rights.
(C) Usage Information
Our Site uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, Inc. Google Analytics employs cookies that are stored on your computer in order to facilitate an analysis of your use of the Website. The information generated by these cookies, such as time, place and frequency of your visits to our Website, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google’s location in the US and stored there.
3. Use of information collected by Near and the legal basis for these uses
Near uses the information for the following purposes:
- Responding to your inquiry;
- Sending you information about Near products and services;
- Sending you marketing emails; and
- Investigating and responding to any comments or complaints that you may send us.
A cookie is a text file containing an identification number which, when the Site is used, is transmitted to the user’s computer together with the other data actually requested and stored there. The file is kept there for later access and serves to authenticate the user. Since cookies are simple files and not executable programs, they do not pose any danger to the computer. You can choose to disable cookies, it may limit your use of certain features or functions on our website or service. For more information about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
5. Sharing of personal information
(A) Sharing with Near’s Group Companies
Near will share your personal information within the Near group of companies for the purpose identified above.
If you are using an email address that is associated with a business domain (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) to access the Site, we may provide your personal information to that business.
(B) Sharing with Service Providers
Near will share your personal information with companies that help us run our business by processing personal information on behalf of Near for the purposes identified above. Such companies include Amazon Web Services and Google Analytics.
(C) Sharing with Government, Law Enforcement Agencies or Regulatory Bodies
Near will share your personal information with applicable government, legal agencies or regulatory bodies in order to comply with applicable laws and investigations or to respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena.
(D) Sharing with Acquiror or Merger Entity
Near may transfer information, including any personal information, to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets, bankruptcy, or other corporate change. If Near is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
(E) Other Information Sharing
Near may share your personal information with your consent or if it believes that it will protect Near, you or any other person or third party or to enforce any legal rights.
6. Interest based advertising opt-out
You may opt-out of interest-based advertising from Near, by clicking here.
7. Links to third-party websites, applications and services
If you decide to use any of the links available on the Site, you should review their privacy notices to learn about their data practices. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with us and the general public.
8. Security of personal information
The security of your information is important to us. Near has implemented reasonable security measures to protect the information in our care, both during transmission and once it is received. This includes but is not limited to the use of firewalls and encryption. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure; therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
9. Storage duration
Once collected, Near will store your contact information, site usage information for no longer than 12 months from the time of collection, or such shorter period as required by law. However, we may retain your information beyond this time if required by law.
10. Accessing your information
If you provide your personal information and you wish to update, correct, or delete inaccuracies within that information, you may contact us as at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
11. Information relating to children
Near does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13 through the Site. If you are below the age of 13 years, you should not use this Site or provide any information about you to us. If we are made aware that we have received personal information from someone under 13 years of age, we will use reasonable efforts to immediately remove that information from our records.
12. Individual users rights
(A) In EEA, UK or Switzerland
- Legal basis
Legal basis on which Near relies to process data received through Site.
- Lawful basis to process contact information such as name, address, phone no, email id – We send marketing email to you for which consent is sought where required by applicable law.
- Your rights in EEA, UK or Switzerland
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the Contact information section below.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the Contact information section below.
- You have the right to opt-out from our marketing communications at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the Contact information section below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- The rights set out above may be limited in certain circumstances, e.g. If fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, leading to infringing the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the GDPR and in local implementing legislation. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Upon receiving any of the above requests from you, we will need to verify your identity by asking you for your corresponding cookie identifier and/or, depending on the means/ platforms you have used to submit your request, we may need to ask you for an additional email confirming that the request is coming from you.
In case you have any questions about our data protection measures, the processing of your information or the protection of your rights as a data subject, you can contact Near’s data protection officer, details provided in Contact information section below.
If you wish to communicate directly with our data protection officer (in case you have a particularly sensitive matter), please contact them by post, as communication by e-mail could always have security gaps. Please state in your request that your concern relates to Near.
(B) In California
The Site visitors who are California residents have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) with respect to the personal information that we collect about you:
- The right to opt out of our sale(s) of your personal information. We do not and will not sell your personal information in any manner that requires an opt-out opportunity under the CCPA.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your opt-out right conferred by the CCPA.
14. Contact information
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to our Data Protection Officer or send physical mail to Near Pte. Ltd.:
Data Protection Officer
Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer
Große Bleichen 21
Near Pte. Ltd.
3 Temasek Avenue,
Level 18-01, Centennial Tower,
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S. based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.