You will be joining Near, one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies, and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
Near is looking for a software development engineer, full-stack - who will be part of its Research and development team and contribute to its products platform. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of systems as part of Near Platform, working with various business teams.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious engineer who can play a pivotal role in the next phase of our journey. You will need to collaborate with other team members and work as a part of a high-performance team and solve problems.
A Day in the Life
- Design, develop, deploy and manage modules in any platform AWS/Multi-Cloud/On- promise.
- Participation in the requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Ensure that the platform is operating at its best performance and responsiveness.
- Participate in the maintenance of the core product(s) and support customers.
- Innovating new and unique ways to solve known and unknown problems.
- Contributes to the development of project estimates, scheduling, and deliverables.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Overall, 4-6 years of experience with at least a minimum of 3 years of working experience on a product or data platform.
- Must have hands-on experience in:
- Frontend - HTML/CSS/Angular
- Core Java/Scala/Go
- Docker-based deployments
- Good to have knowledge in Python, Spring Boot, multithreading/distributed systems, (eg: Microservices, REST, or SOA) and a basic set of design patterns.
- Strong foundations in data structures and design techniques.
- Always keen to learn the best practices and governance associated with it, including code review, life cycle management, versioning, monitoring, etc.
- Aware of basic DevOps CI/CD practices like Code Build/Deployment pipelines and aware of source control management day-to-day commands and practices. (branching, merging, conflict resolution, and other related practices).
- Experience working with scrum/agile teams.
- Good problem solving, analytical, and organization skills with a detail-oriented attitude.
- Passion for learning new technologies.