You will be joining Near, one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies, and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
We are looking for a Sr.Manager, Global Payroll. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual who is interested in advancing their career in a fast-growing, global company. In this role, you will be responsible for various payroll processes globally.
This will be a work-from-office role, based in our state-of-the-art office in Koramangala, Bangalore.
A Day in the Life
- Processing and managing the day-to-day assigned domestic and international payrolls.
- Review data on new hires, terminations, employment status changes, tax changes, deductions, rate changes, retroactive adjustments, special pay, etc.
- Responsible for providing the information and coordinating with Vendors/ Payroll Systems.
- Process and reconcile all payroll-related statutory deductions, and employee benefits.
- Responsible for Salary Bank file recon and payment process and GL Accounting.
- Ensure periodic and annual payroll tax filings are complete and accurate and filed timely.
- Should handle Equity transactions through payroll – Stocks/RSU.
- Responsible for Payroll queries.
- Support Internal and External Payroll Audits.
- Collaborate with Human Resources (HR) and accounting teams.
- Support monthly payroll matrix on payroll delivery & query management.
- Should be proactive in handling and closing year-end activities of payroll till delivery of year-end income statements & required filings.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Employee Benefits management.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance or a relevant field.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in a similar role processing payroll for APAC & European countries.
- Experience working in a high-growth, international environment.
- A strong understanding of payroll systems, payroll statutory, earnings and deduction codes, and GL mapping is a must.
- Vendor-managed payroll experience and knowledge of ESPP, STOCK, and RSUs are a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple country payrolls and be proactive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide a high level of service to internal and external customers, including all levels within the company.