You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
Near’s Global Corporate Development and Mergers and Acquisitions team is responsible for helping shape Near’s strategy by identifying industry trends, maintaining relationships with relevant external partners, as well as sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing strategic acquisitions/investments across all of Near's geographies and businesses.
The Sr. Director, Corporate Development will collaborate with the Near leadership team to lead the company's business and corporate development initiatives. As the data and related intelligence market landscape evolves, he/she will partner with corporate strategy as well as various regions and product verticals to evaluate, analyze, and execute all of Near’s M&A and strategic investments to help Near maintain its leadership position in the industry. Deal sourcing, including managing key external relationships (e.g., investment banks and other channels), is a key component to this role. He/she will provide leadership in evaluating and executing new investment opportunities, partnerships/alliances, acquisitions, mergers, spin-offs and joint ventures. The successful candidate will be a key partner to the global business unit leaders across all divisions. The position will be located in Pasadena (Los Angeles), California and will directly report to the Group CFO and work closely with the Founders of Near.
A Day in the Life
- Support Near’s growth strategy through identification, assessment and execution of potential mergers, acquisitions, investments and joint ventures as well as divestitures by the company.
- Establish and lead a robust and comprehensive process to identify and evaluate potential opportunities, which includes a rigorous idea generation and screening process that will bring quality acquisition and investment ideas to the Near management team.
- Collaborate with the Senior Business Unit Leaders to think about corporate development opportunities in a progressive, systematic and routine fashion.
- Build relationships with each business unit to keep an ongoing flow of ideas that is aligned with the business units’ objectives.
- Manage Near's global industry engagement and deal/investment relationships with Investment Banking firms.
- Serve as the primary Near interface with partner companies and the point of coordination for all co investment and other activities with these companies.
- Partner with business leaders before, during and after the M&A processes, to ensure the deals make strategic sense, fit with the forward-looking business plans, and are integrated smoothly and fully optimized.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing acquisition business case analyses and executing and interfacing with finance, accounting, legal, tax, HR and other departments of Near to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Evaluate and execute other strategic initiatives such as joint ventures, divestitures, licensing and partnership activities.
- Manage key deliverables including creating analyses, overseeing execution and identifying next steps in process flow.
- Play a key role in all of Near’s M&A activities and provide general transaction and analytic support including the creation of summaries and presentation materials to communicate recommendations to senior management and other internal stakeholders.
What You Bring to the Role
- 5+ years of transaction experience in Corporate Development or M&A at a global Corporation or Investment Bank.
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic / professional experience.
- Significant experience in leading teams to execute all aspects of transactions including direct experience in M&A negotiation, execution and integration.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of data intelligence, marketing technology and SaaS ecosystem.
- Experience working in a demanding environment with highly motivated and driven professionals.
- Ability to handle projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels.
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners.
- Strong leadership skills with a team-oriented and collaborative approach to work.
- Global or multinational business experience.