You will be joining Near, one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies, and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
Near is looking for a dynamic, full-cycle Sales Manager for all Near products. In this role, you will be responsible for driving sales from a portfolio of targeted clients across our customer base by creating and selling Near solutions. You will participate in and actively shape Near’s strategy for Japan - contributing to our product feedback loop and leading local go-to-market product launches. Japan is a new market for Near and you will be part of the journey to make Near a success in this region. While the majority of your work will include pure Sales, some parts will also include Customer Success and Account Management.
To be successful in this role, you should be customer-focused with an excellent track record of managing relationships with customers. We need persistent, new business closers, to be involved in the full-cycle sale process, who enjoy enabling customers.
You should have native-level proficiency in Japanese and be comfortable conversing in English with Near’s overseas teams in the United States, India, and others. You will report to the Country Manager of Japan.
A Day in the Life
- Identify, close, and develop relationships with targeted, strategic customers that help ensure long-term success for Near.
- Nurture the needs of your customers and grow a repeatable business from Near customers and their partners.
- Communicate effectively internally to align resources (product, policy, operations, etc.) to help meet customer needs.
- Represent Near at industry events, webinars, and trade events by communicating the benefits of Near, and our impact on customers' growth with industry research initiatives.
What You Bring to the Role
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a salesperson with a proven track record in the full-cycle sales process.
- Growth driver - Someone who gets a thrill out of growing a customer’s business.
- Relationship builder - A master at finding common ground with strangers.
- Industry expert - Has experience selling/dealing with brands and platforms and the users that they serve, especially with exposure to Digital Marketing.
- Imaginative and an educator - Someone who is terrific at winning over an audience and delivering fantastic presentations or product tutorials.
- Critical thinker - Proven ability to identify and solve problems, cultivating a customer through the sales process.
- Constantly curious, backed by imagination and a desire to learn and understand how our customers' technology works and can be improved.
- Dexterous with data, with technical skills to deliver a solution that uses multiple products.