You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
You will be part of the Near R&D team and the opportunity is to work directly with the Senior Leadership team on new ground breaking projects in the data space. As a Research Engineer you will focus on developing fundamental first-principles based technologies on a variety of data, modeling and compute related problems from multiple aspects such as the following:
A Day in the Life
- Modeling a domain to account for incomplete or noisy data and enable imputation of data.
- Techniques to characterize and estimate steady-state and dynamic properties of large-scale aggregate human behavior, geo-spatial data and other types of data exhaust - real-time and historical.
- Building predictive models to estimate various properties of different systems - given small/large samples of data.
- Adapt existing signal processing and estimation techniques to improve decision-support at different time scales.
- Build models of various types/modes at different levels of granularity and confidence that integrate disparate data.
- Develop new algorithmic techniques that analyze data with a wide-variety of constraints including privacy constraints, access constraints, embedded errors and noise and more including video/image/text/speech/unstructured data processing technologies.
- Work on developing systems - frontend/backend - that adopt new upcoming technologies - Web3/Blockchain, 5G advances, new IOT sensor technologies to build the next generation of decision-support systems.
What You Bring to the Role
- Master’s Degree, PhD is preferred in Applied Math, Probability & Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering or any computer-related field.
- An ideal candidate must have well-established - 5+ years of programming experience in languages such as Java, Python.
- Major tasks will involve working closely with scientists on the team and building first-cut prototypes of next-generation systems at Near - that may be productized in the future.
- Additional industry experience of 3-5 years is a plus.
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and organisation skills with a detail-oriented attitude.
- Passion for learning new technologies - Solve real world problems for global impact.
- Be up-to-date with the scientific research community.
- Good communication skills - presentations, written technical reports.