You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
The QA lead is responsible for ensuring the quality of our product at all stages of the software lifecycle. They will work alongside our cross functional team to define our testing process, test cases, automation process, and overall quality of our products. They work in an open, collaborative, and approachable manner with the scrum team to inspire optimal solutions that solve customers’ problems and challenge the team to find the smartest, most efficient solutions which are meeting the levels of quality we expect from a world class product.
A Day in the Life
- Provides process and technical consulting to the team as it relates to QA.
- Contribute to Automation Frameworks and automate test cases ensuring comprehensive automation coverage.
- Develop utilities and customized frameworks aligning with DevOps practices.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate test and automation activities independently.
- Review quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Record and document debugging procedures.
- Ensure all quality control deliverables are met within agreed timelines.
- Monitor compliance to Quality Control KPI and identify improvement opportunities.
- Provide functional and administrative guidance to the team members.
- Ensure that the team is adequately trained on processes and development standards.
- Provide periodic status updates to team leaders.
- Manage and own the automation suite for QA.
- Stay up to date with new testing approaches, tools and test strategies.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in B.Tech/M.Tech.
- 8 - 12 years of proven work experience in QA with an emphasis on QA automation.
- 4+ years of demonstrable experience in automation technologies including Selenium, Protractor, UFT, Junit, Gherkin, JMeter etc and scripting languages including Perl, Python and/or Java.
- Experience in services/API testing and automation.
- Knowledge on software development process and standards.
- In-depth knowledge of test management software (e.g. ALM, Jira, qTest, Zephyr).
- Proficiency in usage of SQL queries for databases or large datasets.
- Expertise in working with XML, XSLT and SOAP, and JSON formats.
- Experience in Agile methodology and Devops with Integrating automated tests in Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with good communication skills to work effectively in a global team. Good to have Working knowledge of kafka & cloud based application architecture and principles.