You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
As an Associate Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for assisting Near Intelligence Pvt Ltd and line of business (LoB) (Near Intelligence) in drafting, reviewing and negotiating different types of contracts.
You will be involved in reviewing and drafting of the contracts on the basis of Near Intelligence standard templates or contracts received from counterparties and routing the contracts for approvals and signatures through a contract lifecycle management system.
A Day in the Life
- Assist Near Intelligence and line of business (LoB) in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, and perform other contract management related tasks.
- Contract review in collaboration with the Global Legal team and line of business.
- Review contracts, either contracts prepared on the basis of Near Intelligence standard templates or contracts received from counterparties.
- Prepare and draft contracts in collaboration with the Global Legal team when no standard template is available.
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end process of contracting for low and mid complex contracts.
- Responding to complex contractual queries.
- Identification of risks and issues and suggesting alternatives that lead to the best solution.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s or master’s Law degree.
- Overall experience of 4-5 years in a legal/contract management function in the corporate world.
- Strong understanding of contractual terms and conditions to drafting, reviewing, negotiating contracts.
- In-house experience in a reputed MNC or start-up along with a law firm experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience assessing, analysing, and resolving multiple issues and challenges while meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience working with internal teams on matters concerning compliance with applicable laws and regulations and implementing solutions to improve compliance frameworks and internal policies.
- Experience working as part of a fast-paced team and exercise good judgment, strong critical thinking skills, agile prioritization, and influential presence of mind in a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-driven and ability to work individually without any supervision.
- Take complete responsibility for work assigned.
- Excellent English script and speech writing ability.