Near is looking for a Lead - Web Developer to be responsible for working on the coding, innovative design and layout of our website. Your responsibilities will include building our website from concept to completion from the bottom up, designing everything from the home page to site layout and function. You will work with the Near Design team and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks and works.
You will be joining one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies – an excellent opportunity for people who can work independently and are self-driven.
A Day in the Life
- Optimize applications for maximum speed.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Get feedback from and build solutions for users and customers.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Write functional requirement documents and guides.
- Support back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and skills.
- Passionate about learning new technologies.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in engineering, Design, Fine Arts, or a related field.
- 4+ Years of experience; should have worked with WordPress and PHP for more than two years.
- Expertise in designing and developing customer-facing web applications at scale.
- Proficiency in cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work, including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and organisation skills with an eye for detail.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools.
- Basic understanding of web analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics and CRO tools.
- Basic knowledge of the Search Engine Optimization process.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.