You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
Near is looking for a Front-End Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce the application's visual elements. You will work with the Near Design team and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks and works.
A Day in the Life
- Optimize applications for maximum speed.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for users and customers.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Write functional requirement documents and guides.
- Support back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and skills.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in engineering, Design, Fine Arts, or related field.
- 5+ Years of total experience; should have worked with Angular for more than two years.
- Expertise in designing and developing customer-facing web applications at scale.
- Basic knowledge of image editing tools to crop, resize, or perform minor adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficiency in cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficiency in code versioning tools, such as GIT.
- Knowledge about Highchart and Mapbox will be a plus.
- Passionate about learning new technologies.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and organization skills with an eye for detail.