You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
Near is looking for a senior software engineer – backend, who can be part of its Engineering team & contribute to its products & platform. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of systems as part of Near Platform in coordination with various business teams.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious engineer who can play a pivotal role in the next phase of our journey. You will need to collaborate with other API developers, Data Engineers, Data Scientists and UI Engineers and work as a part of a high-performance team and solve problems. Hands-on experience with Java is mandatory.
You will be part of one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies – a great opportunity for people who can work independently and are self-driven.
This will be a work-from-office role, based in our state-of-the-art office in Koramangala, Bangalore.
A Day in the Life
- Design and develop our platform, product APIs that work on our data pipelines.
- Participation in the requirements analysis, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Ensure that the platform is operating at best performance and responsiveness.
- Participate in the maintenance of the core product(s) and support customers.
- Innovating new & unique ways to solve known and unknown problems.
- Contributes to the development of project estimates, scheduling, and deliverables.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering from a reputed institute.
- Overall 4-6 years of experience with at least a minimum of 3 years of working experience on any Data-driven company/ platform.
- Hands-on experience with core Java, multithreading, design techniques (eg: Microservices, REST or SOA) and a basic set of design patterns.
- Working experience with Spring Boot.
- Experience with REST API development standards.
- Expertise in scaling and tuning API-services.
- Good understanding of Data Structures.
- Experience working with scrum/agile teams.
- Good problem solving, analytical and organization skills with a detail-oriented attitude.
- Passion for learning new technologies.
- Always keen to learn the best practices associated with writing good APIs and governance associated with it, including life cycle management, versioning, monitoring, etc.
- Aware of code review practices.
- Aware of basic DevOps CI/CD practices like Code Build/Deployment pipelines and aware of source control management day to day commands and practices (branching, merging, conflict resolution and other related practices).