You will be joining Near, one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies, and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
This role provides an opportunity to be a part of the Finance team at Near. You will provide insight into the financial decision-making process in an organization and be responsible for the processing of accounts payable. You will be reporting to the Director of Finance. For this role, you will be required to maintain confidentiality and treat sensitive information with discretion, act as a role model for ethical behavior, and be an advocate of and follow Company policies. This role requires excellent people communication and writing skills; the ability to work collaboratively across various business units and regions, and being self-motivated.
A Day in the Life
- Accounts Payable processing.
- General Ledger Accounting and month-end closing (actuals, balance sheet, etc).
- Supporting Audits and compliances and assessments/inquiries.
- Keep track and take custody of all the accounting documents and processes, prepare and get them reviewed by the manager and share this with the management on a timely basis.
- Ensure the incurring costs and payments are made within the budgets.
- Handling concerns from vendors and business team members promptly.
- Leading and developing a team including training, managing workload, and establishing priorities.
- Share internal or external feedback with the AP team on quality issues and work closely on improving quality.
- Ensure all AP processes are SOX compliant on design and implementation and ensure all required documentation and walk-throughs.
- Responsible for appropriate TDS/TCS deduction/collections as required by tax laws and rules and filing of required returns on time.
- Support reconciliation of GST balances and lead follow-up with vendors for any mismatch.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable processing and record retention.
What You Bring to the Role
- CA/MBA Finance from a reputed institute.
- Chartered Accountants with an overall experience of 5-6 years with excellent knowledge of AP processes.
- Prior experience in Accounts payable, and handling international locations will be an added advantage.
- Work experience in SAP environment.
- Previous experience in leading or managing AP process automation.
- Knowledge of implementing or managing AP ticketing systems.
- Prior experience with a SaaS-based product company is good to have, but not mandatory.
- Good communication skills and comfortable working with diverse team members spread across geographies.
- Comfortable in a start-up environment, able to move quickly, and wear many hats in a dynamic environment.