You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
As part of the Demand Team at Near, you will be responsible for generating leads for Near’s SaaS product, via outreach programs targeted at Ad Agencies and Enterprises.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will be responsible for making outbound calls, opportunity discovery and qualification. Additionally, the SDR will be responsible for handling inbound leads and discerning the quality/value of those leads for further qualification by the Sales team.
A Day in the Life
- Prospect, penetrate and create new relationships with Enterprise companies and agencies by phone.
- Generate interest in the Near platform through 50 outbound calls daily.
- Identify, initiate and nurture relationships with prospects both over the phone and via email.
- Develop relationships at all levels from Head of Marketing, Head of Brand, CMOs, Marketing Directors, just to name a few.
- Qualify and allocate leads for Sales Directors based out of the APAC/SEA region.
- Work and achieve a monthly, quarterly and yearly quota.
- Develop and sustain knowledge of Near’s offerings and associated technologies.
- Lead management of company records in SalesForce and Outreach CRMs.
- Identify and understand trends within industries, what makes a marketing campaign successful and apply this knowledge to help generate further new business.
- Provide feedback to improve marketing and sales efforts.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree.
- 4+ years of experience in inside sales with minimum 2+ years of experience in SaaS domain for the SEA/ANZ/Europe region, preferably cloud marketing, lead generation.
- Inside sales experience in Sales and Pipeline development roles in SaaS based B2B software preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Pleasing phone personality and tone.
- Great listening skills and a desire to learn proper consultative selling techniques.
- High-energy and positive attitude.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Must be independent, self-motivated and success-driven, yet willing to work within a team environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new information in customer-facing scenarios.
- Confidence to overcome objections and convert interest into qualified leads.
- Lead generation, cold calling, objection handling and closing experience desired.
- Knowledge of email marketing software or other SAAS or CRM systems is a plus.