You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
Near is looking for a Lead - Data Analyst to join our team as we scale globally. You will be a key member of the Analytics, Research & Insights team, delivering critical data-driven insights across the organization as well as to partners. You will be responsible for extracting data from various sources, building intelligence from it, and presenting it appealingly to empower effective data-driven decision-making through surfacing the most relevant insights from data; through reporting, analysis, and optimization.
You will be part of one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies and a great opportunity for people who can work independently and are self-driven.
A Day in the Life
- Understanding business requirements and translating it into executable steps for the team members.
- Collaborate with product managers and suggest appropriate solutions for analytics deliverables.
- Ability to pull out reports from complex web of Data Lakes, Data Warehouse and Data Marts.
- Develop techniques to analyze and work with big data tools and frameworks.
- Optimize code for maximum efficiency and review the team’s code to identify bugs and logical gaps.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Review the team’s deliverables before sending final reports to stakeholders.
- Get feedback and build solutions for users and customers.
- Synthesize both quantitative and qualitative data into insights that deepen our understanding of our product performance and user behaviour.
- Support cross-functional teams with data reports and insights on data.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and skills.
What You Bring to the Role
- 5+ Years of experience in Data warehousing tools and technologies leveraging Python.
- Expertise in analyzing Big data using PySpark and query authoring.
- Experience in structured analysis and query optimization in SQL/NoSQL.
- Should be adept at understanding business requirements and translating them into code. Should have experience in building a test plan to ensure code quality.
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and organizational skills with an eye for detail.
- Passionate about learning new technologies.
- Experience with any Data Visualization, BI/reporting tool will be a plus.
- Work experience with AWS cloud platform and developing API will be a plus.
- Experience in analysing Geospatial data will be a plus.