You will be joining Near (NASDAQ: NIR), one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies, and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
You will be working with the Near R&D team to make an impact on the data-driven solutions. This role is based in Bengaluru, India, and you will work with the engineering and product team. Under limited direction, you will be responsible for gathering requirements, creating solutions with Architect, and developing the Power BI reports that will improve data-driven decisions for practices across Near.
You will participate in the complete analytics lifecycle from connecting to the data sources, following design standards, and developing cutting-edge descriptive analytical dashboards and reports. In this role, you will also create technical specifications based on conceptual design and business requirements and will consult with project and business teams to prototype, refine, test, and debug Power Bi dashboards.
A Day in the Life
- Translate stakeholders’ requirements into reporting deliverables and workflows.
- Design and develop workflows and create industry-specific data visualization/dashboards.
- Generate hypotheses and analyze data to test and interpret results.
- Deliver standard and custom dashboards on Power BI or Tableau or Domo with the provided design guidelines and client-specific requirements.
- Build the data models and understands the relational database joins to work with the relevant BI tool ex. Power BI/Tableau
- Present Industry specific-solutions to business audiences highlighting the value of Near’s data and how it could help generate business value/decisions.
- Responsible for individually contributing to analytics projects, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in discussions with team members to select and apply relevant analytic techniques and create actionable business insights.
- Work closely with the data teams and ensure data availability for the solutions expected for all projects.
- Contribute to team processes and methodology to improve delivery, quality, and effectiveness.
- Work on other projects and tasks as deemed necessary.
- Work closely with the QA team in the testing software and remediation of issues.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) with 4+ years of industry experience.
- As a BI Developer, you will be crucial in developing and implementing BI visuals and dashboards.
- Also, you will need to design, develop, and analyze the results of complex data queries necessary to identify data quality issues and present results in an easy-to-understand format to end users.
- Should have min. of 4+ years of experience in Power BI/Tableau/Domo dashboards and libraries development.
- Good understanding of the capabilities and constraints of business intelligence reporting.
- Expert knowledge in traditional relational database concepts and design.
- Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL, and SQL Server also connecting to them over the cloud platforms.
- Must be very strong in writing DAX calculations/relevant packages on Power BI or Tableau.
- Analyzing and Visualizing Data in the relevant BI Tools such as Microsoft Power BI.
- Working experience in Python/Pyspark and handling big data tasks.
- Should be able to figure out workarounds for various visualization challenges.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative manner and have the ability to complete assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.