You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
Near is looking for an “Accounts Executive, Finance” to support and perform day-to-day activities within the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances. Passing journal entries and accounting for all transactions including preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
A Day in the Life
- Verification of purchase invoices.
- Recording of day-to-day transactions in SAP for all global entities.
- Bank / Vendor reconciliations.
- Expense Variance analysis (Budget vs Actual) and reporting.
- Review of vendor agreements / Renewals and maintaining masters.
- Preparation and filing of all statutory returns such as e-TDS / GST etc.
- Managing accounts payables / receivables.
- Ensuring timely monthly books closure and maintaining/updating trackers.
- Liaison with Goverment departments for statutory and regulatory reconciliations.
- Preparation of Data for Statutory and Department audits.
- Ensure and improve consistency, quality of accounting system and reporting.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field.
- Proven experience as an accountant and excellent organizing abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP and MS Office and familiarity with relevant tools.
- Worked on Bank / Vendor reconciliations, managed petty cash.
- Prior experience in Account Payable & Account Receivable.
- Good understanding of Taxation – TDS/GST/Labour laws etc.